Wednesday 4 May 2011

TomTom Go Live 1000

My bro visited us over Easter and was advocating the latest TomTom Go Live 1000. Not wanting to have missed out on something new, I decided to check it out myself.

What’s cool about this system - apart from it having an 11cm touch screen and weighing only 220g - is that it comes with a 1-year free subscription to TomTom’s easy to activate Live Services. This includes (my favourite) HD traffic, which is updated every two minutes, allowing for near real-time notifications of delays and alternative routes. After your free year of Live Services, the subscription fee will set you back R499 per annum, but if, like me, these traffic updates were the deciding factor for you, you won’t mind splurging.

The only thing that annoyed me was the absence of a ‘back’ button on the menu. Once you’re in a sub-menu you have to hit ‘done’ in order to return to the navigation screen and then re-enter the menu. Apart from that, though, this little buddy is a welcome addition to my travels.

The TomTom Go Live 1000 retails at R3199.

No comments:

Post a Comment